Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My cynical life

I hate doctors. Each time I take Lee to one they point out something I should have seen. Something that shows a progression of the Parkinsons. I live with him. I'm with him every day. I see what's happening. Yet I don't really see it.
It took a doctor today, a urologist at that, to point out how Lee is standing up from a chair. How he is leaning far forward, which is a high risk for a fall. He's already a high fall risk, and knock on wood... It's been a couple months since he has fallen.
I hate that I have to work, I wish I could stay home with him. If I could then we could have our own place. But he can't be alone 9+ hours a day, so we live with my parents.
I am really in need of a little vacation. Bekah and I want to plan a no plan drive east vacation. Just get in the car and drive until we get where we are going, which is to say... Nowhere. No plans, just pack and go.
I'm now realizing I probably won't be able to do that. We talked about trying to reserve the fire look out again and just me and her going. I don't know if that will happen either.
Parkinson's sucks. Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment