Monday, June 17, 2013

adventures in jelly making revisited

You may recall previous mention of an attempt at making apple jelly.
It REALLY didn't go well.
I boiled it as long as the instructions said to. Processed the jars exactly how long it said to, disinfecting them in boiling water before filling. The lids all popped and sealed nicely.
And last night I decided to check and see if that magical rainbow spewing and glitter farting unicorn flew by and waved its magic wand making the jelly perfectly set.
No such luck.
Instead I found every jar with what looks like a kombucha scoby. A vast island of fungus coating the top. When you tip the jar it actually looks pretty cool as it slides down the syrup thick apple concoction.
The scientist hidden deep inside me wants to leave it and see what happens, and the nurse in me wants to gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment