Monday, August 12, 2013

fun in canning land

I did post about the peaches...its the grapes and blueberries I neglected to share.
Red grapes. Beautiful yummy sweet grapes. You know where this is going right? If not... I'll share it.
Grapes with color lose their color when canned.
yes.
I have anemic looking grapes.
I have grapes doubling as eyeballs.
I have grapes I don't know if I can eat because of how they look.


Then there were blueberries.
I had frozen them. They still looked pretty. I defrosted them under warm running water. I cold packed them.
One siphoned. I had purple water.
In every jar there are a large number of berries I can see that have split. It's hard to see any though...because they stain the syrup a deep purple.
Almost black.
I doubt they are god for much more than pies.

And above all...I had a blast doing it.


And of course the obligatory pic of the eyeball grapes


No comments:

Post a Comment