Monday, September 5, 2016

A New Hobby is at hand.

I'm learning a new art. Ice dying. Basically you bunch up the fabric, cover it in ice, sprinkle powdered dye over it and let the ice melt.
I used an old cream color flat sheet for my first attempt. After 12 hours the ice was melted, ad being curious I took a peek. I wasn't overly impressed, there was to much of the original color showing. So I bunched it back up with the bare patches on top, covered in ice, added dye, and left it alone.
I love how it looks.
unfortunately right now blogspot isn't letting me upload pics right now. I will keep working on it and hopefully it will let me eventually.
after a trip to the park yesterday with Lee we stopped at goodwill to look for a rack I can use in the dying(last time I used the oven rack). I found some fence stuff that will work great. I also went looking at sheets and blankets for me to practice on. I found a couple curtains and a baby blanket to try. I wanted different fabric types and I think these will be fun. One is lace, I'm not sure it will work real well, by I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment